Author: admin

  • Eze confident Arsenal will have great season

    Eberechi Eze has explained why he is convinced it will be a great season for Arsenal he works towards becoming a ” complete player”.

    The Premier League Leaders sit four points above second-place Manchester City after 11 games and are expected to go deep into the Champions League as well this season.
    Arsenal have finished second in the league in each of the last three seasons but have been the top-flight’s strongest team in the first three months of this compaign as they bid for a first league title since 2003-04. New signings such as Eze, Noni Madueke, and Martin Zubimendi have made a positive impact.
    “I am confident it will be a great season,” Eze said after scoring a sublime goal for England in Thursday’s 2-0 win over Serbia. “That’s the aim.That’s what we’re striving towards and working towards every day, club and country. I guess it’s an exciting time.”
    England head into Sundays final qualifier in Albania yet to concede a single goal in Group K, and Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal side have conceded just five goals in the league.
    Eze, asked about playing for teams that don’t ship goals, said: “It’s good to be part of these types of squads where the players at the back are so solid and so on it, and they’re just so structured.
    “You control a lot of the game, and you have plenty of opportunities to go up the other end. So yes, it’s fun for me, and its enjoyable, and I pray to God it continues.”

  • Sunday Extra’s , Arsenal suffer Calafiori injury blow ahead Tottenham derby.

    Arsenal defender Riccardo Calafiori has withdrawn from international duty with Italy.

    The defender joined up with his compatriots for their world cup qualifiers against Moldova and Norway, but trained alone amid complaints of a hip injury.

    Calafiori has been Mikel Arteta’s first-choice left-back this term, and he played the full 90 minutes of the 2-2 draw at Sunderland in their most recent Premier League outing.

    The hip issue meant that he played no part in the 2-0 win over Norway either, with the Azzurri looking to end their qualifying campaign with a flourish .

    Italy manager Gennaro Gattuso had said previously that he wanted his players to prioritise Italy’s bid to qualify for next year’s tournament, having missed out on the last two in Russia and Qatar.

    However, in his pre-match press conference ahead of the italian’s game with Norway, he admitted that he did not want to push Calafiori to the limits.

    “Riccardo joined the national team with a physical problem,” Gattuso said.

    “He showed dedication to the shirt and we tried to make him grit his teeth, but we couldn’t force it.

    “Alessandro Buongiorno, Gianluca Mancini and others are there for that position.”

  • Sport Extra, Ronaldo sent home from Portugal camp

    Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo has been sent home from camp ahead of their 2026 World Cup qualifiers against Armenia, Daily Mail reports.

    This follows his red card in the 2-0 defeat to Ireland on Thursday .

    Ronaldo was sent off following a VAR review for a frustrated elbow on Dara O’Shea .

    Straight red cards in international football carries a two-match ban.

    This means Ronaldo could be suspended for the first game of what is sure to be to his last-ever World Cup.

    Portugal are yet to secure their qualification to next summer’s tournament .

    The former European champions need a win against Armenia Today to confirm their next at next year’s tournament.

    Should they draw and Hungary beat Ireland by more than three goals, though, they face needing to qualify through a playoff.

  • Sport news, Ndidi cleared to face Congo.

    Super Eagles captain William Troost-Ekong is pleased that Wilfred Ndidi has been cleared to face the Democratic Republic of Congo, Sot Blog reports.

    Ndidi was initially expected expected to miss the 2026 FIFA World Cup African playoffs final due to suspension . The 29-year-old received his second booking in the qualifying series against Gabon on Thursday night. The Besiktas star has now been cleared by the Confederation of African Football, CAF to feature against the Leopards on Sunday in Rabat . Troost-Ekong said the team is happy with the decision .

    We are happy that Wilfred can play. The clarification is out now, no issues . We also understand what it means for any player on a yellow card to miss a game. Its good to know that he is available for the game,” Troost-Ekong told the Super Eagles media.

    Ndidi produced an impressive display in Nigeria’s win over Gabon , providing the assist for the Super Eagles’ third goal, scored by Victor Osimhen.

  • Soludo’s triumph, Obi’s humiliation

    As this column predicted before the November 8 , 2025 governorship election, Chukwuma Soludo , an economics professor, won with a healthy margin . He did better than that, he won with a landslide – all the local governments and nearly all the wards . The performance was so commanding and clearly so one sided that it left no one in doubt who was the winner and who were the losers. The media looked out for how both the Labour Party (LP), often associated with former Anambra governor Peter Obi, and the African Democratic congress (ADC), now intextricably linked with former vice president Atiku Abubakar, would perform. Both did very poorly, the LP more shockingly so. The ADC, which took only 8,208 votes out of 595,298 votes cast, was a non-starter, and is likely to remain a non-starter in every election nationally henceforth. But Mr Obi, down to his polling unit which his candidate lost to All Progressives Congress (APC), proved surrealistically inexistent. The LP candidate, George Moghalu, secured a meager 10,576 votes .

    Overall, Prof. Soludo took 422,664 or 71 percent of the votes, a ringing endorsment of his style, capacity, and campaign . He and many of his supporters intercept the unalloyed endorsment as also a total repudiation of Mr Obi, the Teflon politician and former LP Presidential candidate. With coruscating with the victorious governor dismissed Mr Obi’s politics, adding that even though LP leader was not on the ballot, he lost his polling unit in Agulu Ward 11. Hundreds of kilometers away in lagos , some busybody APC politicians sarcastically couselled Mr Obi to abjure his presidential ambition and go home and rest because his time was over and had lost his so called Midas touch. Mr OBI may have become irrelevant in Anambra for obvious reasons , but nationally , especially as he embarks on cobbling together a sizable political platform on which to run for president, his dismissal may be premature. Those who support him are not discerning or discriminating. They love him, down to his flaws which they fine masochistically endearing . Should he eventually get a platform on which to run for office, no matter how flimsy or tenuous it is, they will flock to his side and give his campaign fresh . He will of course not win, and indeed cannot conceivably win, but his obsession has never been about winning. To him, politics is a insecrutable game, and only he can disentangle it .

  • WIKE & NAVAL OFFICER STILL.

    I respect the military. But the right things must be done. Society cannot grow if we keep ignoring what is right. Government isn’t about pleasing everyone. it’s about progress. — Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, stating that no one is above the law and that is ready to enforce that law in Abuja.

  • Wike & Naval chief

    Retired members of the Armed Forces of Nigeria called on President Bola Tinubu to sack or redeploy the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, over his recent face-off with a naval officer in Abuja.🙆🏼‍♂️

  • Scammer who stole $7.2 billion from over 128,000 victims has been sentenced to 11 years in prison

    A Chinese woman nicknamed the “Goddess of Wealth” has been sentenced to nearly 12 years in prison after orchestrating one of the largest Bitcoin frauds in history, stealing billions from investors and laundering the money through the UK.
    47-year-old Zhimin Qian ran a massive Ponzi scheme in China between 2014 and 2017. Her company claimed to use investor funds to mine cryptocurrency and develop high-tech products. In reality, police say it was a front for one of the biggest financial scams ever uncovered.
    After fleeing China, Qian settled in a mansion in Hampstead, north London, under a false identity. Following years on the run, she was finally caught in 2024 after an extensive investigation by the Metropolitan Police.
    When officers raided her London property, they found hard drives loaded with 61,000 Bitcoin, worth over £5 billion ($6.6 billion), the largest cryptocurrency seizure in British history.

  • TotalEnergies eager to develop oil assests – Deputy MD

    TOTALENERGIES EP Nigera is racing t unlock the full potential of its oil assets in Nigeria, driven by what the company describes as a
    “desperation” to optimise existing fields and accelerate new deepwater projects, the Deputy Managing Director,
    Deepwater Asset, Victor Bandele, told participants at the ongoing NAPE conference in Lagos.
    Bandele, speaking during a panel session, traced the company’s deepwater journey in Nigeria, highlighting key milestones and the operational challenges that have shaped its strategy.

    “We have a desperation in TotalEnergies. And that desperation is to ensure the optimal development of all the assets that are in our possession,” he said.
    Bandele said this will begin with existing assets like Egina, which has a Floating Production, Storage and Offloading vessel capable of moving up to 200,000 barrels of oil per day but is doing less than 100,000 barrels due to the natural decline of the field.
    “There is a desperation to bring all the tiebacks that are possible on that asset in place. We are working on all the possible tiebacks. And that’s one of the reasons why I will always go to the regulator to say the environment needs to help me to do more. So, we build that on the existing assets,” Bandele said.
    Не stressed that TotalEnergies’ drive is not not limited to maximising production from current fields but also includes exploration in older fields like Akpo and developing new blocks in deepwater.
    “We are building exploration wells on even old fields like Akpo. We still have opportunities for exploration around there. So, we have plans with our partners.
    We have potential exploration objectives for next year,” he stated.
    Bandele disclosed the company’s plans for its newly acquired block, saying,
    “We acquired a new block. This new block is in deep water, and it’s a big one. We are hoping, and we are going to try to mature it as quickly as possible , So there is a possibility of moving into that block in 2026.”

  • JMG provides Lagos hospital with solar power.

    JMG Limited, a provider of electro-mechanical
    solutions in Nigeria, has donated a 10-kilowatt solar power system to the Ketu Primary Healthcare Centre in the Agboyi-Ketu Local Council Development Area of Lagos State.
    The power system, which was unveiled on Wednesday, aims to provide the health centre with
    24-hour electricity, according to the Group General Manager of JMG Limited, Rabi Jammal.
    Speaking at the event, Jammal noted that the donation was part of the organisation’s corporate social responsibility, which prioritises the health of Nigerians and the promotion of a greener environment.
    “Healthcare reflects our belief that reliable power is a right, not a privilege, and it is essential to life and healthcare.
    “This project reflects our commitment to a cleaner, greener, and more sustainable future. It renews our mission to light up lives and power communities,” Jammal said .